Preparation can make a big difference in how smoothly things go for your pet when the pet sitter comes to visit. Here are some tips:
- Make sure the cat sitter has a phone number where you can be reached (This should appear on the pet sitting service agreement form)
- If you have new keys made, try them out to make sure they work.
- Provide extra food, litter and other supplies just in case you’re not able to return when planned.
- Adjust the thermostat to keep the house comfortable for the pet during your absence.
- Leave a list of phone numbers in case the pet sitter needs to contact service or maintenance companies while you are away; i.e., plumber, electrician, cleaning service etc. There is a section on the pet sitting agreement form for all this.
- Tell the cat sitter of any household areas that are off-limits to your pets or to the pet sitter. Secure access to those areas before leaving home.
- **KEY COLLECTION AND RETURN Initial consultation is FREE as is key collection. There after there is a charge of £10 per trip. Many of our clients who use our service frequently prefer us to hold on to the keys.